The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the SO exam to recruit Specialist Officers into various offices, departments, ministries under the government of India.
This exam is one of the most important government exams under the banking domain.
Aspirants preparing for the IBPS SO exam must be aware of the exam syllabus in-depth. A well-planned preparation strategy will help aspirants crack the exam in the first attempt.
This article highlights the important preparation strategies for the SO Exam.
Syllabus for the IBPS SO Exam
The SO Syllabus for Prelims is given below:
|English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness, Economy and Banking Knowledge|
Cloze Test (Fill in the blanks)
Profit and Loss
Mixtures and Alligations
Simple and Compound Interest
Surds and Indices
Work and Time Equations
Current Events of National and International Importance with focus on financial news
The IBPS SO Syllabus for Mains is given below:
The SO IT Officer syllabus for Scale I consists of the following topics:
- Database Management Systems
- Data Communication and Networking
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures
The SO Agriculture Officer syllabus for Scale I consists of the following topics:
- Basics of Crop Production and Horticulture
- Agronomy, Irrigation and Seed Science
- Agricultural Economics and Practices
- Soil resources
The SO Marketing Officer syllabus covers a large number of topics, which are given below:
- Basics of Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Advertising, Public Relations and Sales
- Retail Business
- Business Ethics
- Market Segmentation
The IBPS Law Officer syllabus is as follows:
- Banking Regulations
- Compliance and Legal Aspects
- Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, foreign exchange
- Prevention of Money-laundering, Limitation Act
- Consumer Protection Act
The following topics form the syllabus for HR/Personnel officers for SO exam:
- Human Resource Development
- Business policy and strategic analysis
- Transnational Analysis
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
The topics covered in the Rajbhasha Adhikari syllabus are as follows:
- Error Correction
- Fill in The Banks
- Reading Comprehension
- Letter Writing
- Essay Writing
Tips to Crack the SO Exam (IBPS)
Every aspirant needs a relevant road map to crack the SO exam.
The guidelines to crack the SO exam in the first attempt are given below:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus – The SO Exam pattern and syllabus should be understood in detail to plan a relevant preparation strategy.
- Focus on the area of weakness – Aspirants should figure out specific areas where they need to work on and prepare those topics on priority.
- Make a Timetable – A planned timetable is extremely important to cover important topics required for the SO Exam.
- Revision – Regular revision helps to strengthen concept knowledge on relevant topics.
- Practice Previous year questions and mock test – Aspirants should take numerous mock tests to boost their subject knowledge. Similarly, they should go through the previous year exam paper to understand the weightage of different topics.
The above tips if followed accordingly would help aspirants crack the various government exams in the first attempt.